If you’re serious about building your platform, then building your toolkit as you go is almost as important as your content. Trial and error or ad-hoc tools will only take you so far.
You could refer to the resources pages / suggestions that experts in the Online publishing world give such as Michael Hyatt, Pat Flynn. As far as I am concerned, I have found the following tools extremely helpful in building my platform. Best part is that most of these resources are free to use or at least try.
- Freemake Video Downloader – Easy way to download your favorite Youtube clips as an audio or video.
- Free Sound Recorder – Excellent quality voice recording of any length in MP3 format.
- Debut Video Capture Software – Another one of my favorites to capture the computer screen, make home videos and convert recordings into other formats.
- Facebook Cache Refresh: Shrug off that sticky cache from Facebook before you share your blog-post on Facebook.
- ZAMZAR: Convert documents and PDFs into music files (MP3 and other formats) without the need to download software
- NOZBE: Best way to keep track of your To Dos.
- FEEDBURNER from GOOGLE: RSS Feeds and Email Subscription Management.
- Audio Joiner: Lets you cut and join MP3 audio files.
- Analyse your Blog’s Headline: Check your headline before posting your blog. Get a score and recommendations!
- 750Words: I started blogging using this site. I recommend it for those who are getting started to take up the trial version.
- Wordle: Create your own word cloud!
- Trello: Agile Scrum based Project Management tool. Let’s you manage multiple projects and product backlogs!
- YOUTUBE to MP3 converter: Works specially well for long (I was successful in converting a 6 hour video) Youtube video to audio conversions.
Question: What other tools are you using to build your Platform? Please leave a comment below. I’d love to hear from you.