Quote of the day:
[bctt tweet= “Those who don’t believe in magic will never find it. – ROALD DAHL” username=”mohitsawhney”]
(START OF THE DAY)
I am grateful for…
- ..everything that sowed in me, the seed of being of service to others, and doing the right things. Rest of it may appear like magic, but in reality, it is nothing but natural principle. If we do good, the results can only be good.
- ..having a life that is rich with things and people I love. There is so much to look forward to every single moment, I feel blessed.
- ..being on the path to stoicism, and having tasted the contentment that comes with it. Bliss.
What would make today great?
- List down all overdue tasks and get them back on track.
- Write a draft version of my weekly blog, “5 Bullet Tuesday”.
- Celebrate accomplishments of the week and convert the challenges into opportunities. Yes you can.
- It’s said that “what goes around comes around”, and today was another day when quite a lot came around. In more ways than one. It’s important to go around doing the right things
- I loved hearing this quote from the book, The Trillion Dollar Coach, in an interview with one of the authors, Alan Eagle. The book is about the life of Bill Campbell who worked for companies like Apple and Google, for free. His famous dialogue was, “I don’t take money, I don’t take stocks. And, I don’t take shit!”
- Was able to get a lot more done using the principle, “You don’t have to be great, to serve. But you have to serve, to be great!” This shifts the focus back on serving and helping and touching other’s lives, rather than doing it all for oneself.
(BEFORE HITTING THE BED)
- Got lured into checking the phone in the living room, every time there was a notification. Sad, I wasted the time I could have spent with my loved ones. Could have kept the phone away, in the fridge may be. Digital Minimalism, here I come…
- If I recall the 2 x 2 time management matrix, apparently I’m drifting towards the urgent and important, and hence getting busier than ever (Do). Got to get my other boxes right especially the “Important, Not Urgent” one, which indeed requires some planning.
- More to do towards becoming a Clock builder rather than a Time teller. This week was about building the systems which continue to work, even when us human’s feel lethargic (and the winter chill these days is just adding to it..). But got a road to cover in building systems to prevent the balls that are getting dropped these days. (Car break down today was an indicator!)