Ihave realized one thing about myself – I need motivation every now and then to keep going. I abide completely by Zig Ziglar’s quote that goes:
People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.
So, in my pursuit I heard this highly energizing interview of Ed Mylett, Enterpreneur and author of the upcoming book, The Power of One More, releasing on 1st June. I hadn’t heard of this guy, Ed, before but I knew the interviewer, Pete Vargas. Pete is the CEO of Platform University of which I was once a sincere member, when it belonged to Michael Hyatt.
This one hour interview pumped me up BIG time. It was like love at first mic for me. So much so that I preordered this book The Power of One More straight after watching his interview.
Listen to the full interview below or refer some my notes below.
- Ed talked about one more that can change everything in our life:
- One more try to quit smoking or drinking
- Saying I am not going to drink for one more day
- Saying I am not going to quit for one more day
- You’re much closer to your dreams than you think you are. Have the goal clear and think what can bring it closer to you:
- One more meeting
- One more decision
- One emotion
- One hour of someone’s time
- He included such new powerful quotes to bring the message home that you are qualified to change other peoples lives and your own. In fact, the very things you think disqualify you (I’m not good enough, I have failed myself, I am an alcoholic myself..) are the ones that are your biggest qualifications to change others lives and your own:
- “Your mess becomes your message.”
- “God does not call the qualified, He qualifies the called.”
- “Your test becomes your testimony.”
- Keep your own promises (to become the most confident person when you lets say feel you’re the most awkward person today:
- Do the things that are in your control. Make a promise on those and do them and do one more.
- For example: If 30 minutes of daily cardio is your promise to yourself, do that and an extra minute, the one more! This fills you with confidence like nothing else.
- Make your bed daily
- 1 gallon of water daily
- Set the clothes the night before
- A parent who is not in pursuit of their dreams are neglecting their children.
- If you tell them, “you can be whatever you want to be“. He/ she might be thinking, “.. and why not you mamma?“
- Things with our children are caught not taught. i.e. they’ll do what you do, not what you ask them to do.
- There are different types of child neglect – divorce, drug addition, not telling them that you love them, but one of the most insidious* (*proceeding in a gradual, subtle way, but with very harmful effects) form of child neglect is a parent who’s not in pursuit of their potential or their dreams. They’re catching that from you.
- You realize the power of one more when you realize that you may not have that one more any longer.
- What if you don’t have the one more chance with your parents for example or children.
- Take one more action with a loved one – tell them how much your love them, or ask them for forgiveness. Something. Do it now.
- Perhaps the biggest lesson of all for me was when he said that he lives 3 days in one. Don’t believe me?
- His point is that the day doesn’t need to be 24 hours long anymore like it was 50 or 100 years back. Those times, things would take their own sweet time but not anymore.
- He, and as a matter of fact, even Pete live 3 days everyday and get so much more done. How? They consider day one as 6 am till noon, and then review what they’ve accomplished, what they’re grateful for and create/ adjust the plan for the next day i.e. noon to 6 pm. They repeat the same for 6pm till 11 or midnight.
- That may seem like a mind game, but it works to increase the amount of things they get done massively. I have tried and it works.
As you can guess, I am all for the power of one more, what about you?
Share a comment here..