On 13th June 2013, I took the first step.
Never could I imagine this step would end up being one of the best one of my life. After all, it wasn’t a big deal going to attend a Toastmasters club meeting as a guest.
Couple of meetings and something in it looked nice. I didn’t exactly know what it was but it was enough for me to decide that I would join as a member.
With each meeting, I sensed something was going right. Still not sure where it would take me but it was enough for me to keep going the path. I was enjoying each step and learning along the way. So, I kept going.
It kept getting better. Today, after being in a relationship with Toastmasters for 5 years, I sometimes think if Toastmasters was a person, she would be
- Kind – After all, Toastmasters is the only place where I learnt that there is a way to give feedback to transform lives without being rude or angry!
- Empowering – Toastmasters lets me try out my wings, with all sincerely, without mocking, or laughing or shaming!
- Open– Toastmasters is the epitome of openness – It welcomes people and ideas from diverse professions, ages, religions…!
- Curious– Toastmasters encourages me to have that childlike quality to know more, do more and be more, always!
- Running her own race– Toastmasters teaches me to compete with only one person – myself, and be the best version of ‘me’!
- Joyful– Toastmasters validates for me that we certainly learn best in moments of enjoyment!
- and let you Be – Toastmasters lets you be! It doesn’t force you to change, or to be someone else. There is something very special about letting one be!
Above qualities are also the qualities I look for in my friends. If Toastmasters were a person, it would certainly be my best friend!
If you like this post, then show the love by sharing it with friends and family. The best part of writing a blog is the discussion that follows, so do register your thoughts and views below.